Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why are there so many books, movies, and documentaries, etc. about the Holocaust? Why do we keep retelling this story??

The Holocaust was definitely a terrible time period for everyone. I know it might seem weird that we would keep repeating and retelling the story of how much people suffered, but it really was an amazing story. I think that it's still being retold because of the hope and faith and loyalty all of the people had to being a Jew. It relaly showed that they loved and believed that their religion was right and that Hitler was wrong. they also showed their love and loyalty to eachother by helping eachother out and even the people that didn't have to go into hiding helped out and were courageous against Hitler and the Nazis. We don't focus on everything Hitler and the Nazi's did and how bad it was but we focus on how faithful and loyal the Jews were to eachother and their religion.

2 comments:

jaeha said...

I also think that, that time was the worst time for some people but still there was some people who even care about it. Mean people

brianl said...

I agree with your idea. I think we should know how the Jews were faithful and loyal to each other even in the hard times when Nazis tried to torture them. We should always remember this so I think they are retelling this story over and over.anyways, good blog.