Thursday, May 8, 2008

What do I think the play reveals about our need for freedom? About the power of love? About courage and hope? About good and evil?

This play reveals that our need for freedom is severe. Can you imagine a normal teenager these days sitting still for like 10 hours? I CAN'T!!! I know that imagination is a really good way to be free of our worries for a while but I think that at our age we would need the freedom of being able to laugh super hard so we cry, run around crazy in our bare feet, and just scream at the top of our lungs just for fun. This story is really all about love. If Anne's family hadn't loved eachother I don't think they could have lasted. Their love was so strong that they couldn't stop loving eachother and that's how they could stay together in such a small space for so long. They were very courageous and hopeful through this story. I think that the themes of this story was courage and hope so this story really expressed how courageous they were to stay in hiding and not freak out when they got scared. And hope that one day they'd be free to walk the streets again and not to just commit suicide and give up on life. In my book good always triumphs over evil....eventually. I haven't seen the end but maybe even though Anne never got to see freedom of the Jews again, her story lived on and inspires us today to never give up hope and always love because nothing is stronger than really loving. Also the theme of prejudice is really why this story happened because Hitler was prejudice against the Jews. Another story that has prejudice as one of its theme is Pride and Prejudice. The prejudice part is because the man's old mother didn't like the girl that he thought he loved . I'm not sure why she didn't like her but it was something prejudice against her, so the old lady was like Hitler in the Holocaust and the girl that he loved was like the Jews in the Holocaust. This was truly an amazing story of how you shouldnt' be prejudice, how strong the power of love is, how important it is to be courageous even when you're afraid and to never give up hope, and that good will triumph over evil, maybe it won't look like it at the time but now we see how the hope and goodness of Anne triumphed over all the bad things that happened to her and she never gave up hope.

No comments: