Monday, March 17, 2008

Red Scarf Girl Post #2

After Ji-li's dad blew it and she was sad,.....soooo much happened! The communist leader guy (Mao Zedong) has made ALL these rules about fourolds (which is like kind of Americanish things.) People aren't allowed to have any of those and if they do those things will be taken away and they'll be embarrassed in front of everyone who's watching. There was a da-zi-bao written about Ji-li (which is a poster that says all these "bad" things about her.) She had to go and force her aunt with her classmates to read aloud a da-zi-bao about her. They fired their housekeeper (but also a really good friend of the family) and she suddenly found out that her grandfather was a landlord and that's like really bad in the eyes of all the supporters of Mao Zedong. She's an outcast from other people in her school, and pretty much anyone who knows her. She's been going through even harder times than before with the dance thingy, and it's getting more and more depressing, scary, and stressful. Hopefully it will get better soon!!!

5 comments:

natalyp said...

I havent read this book yet but you made me wanna read it!!
It sounds interesting and serious.....kkk

yay~!!!!
im the first person to comment on this one hahah

great jobbbb!!

Shorty:) said...

GOOD BLOG!!
HAHA I LEARNED A LOT ABOUT HOW JI LI IS SUFFERING
I THINK MAO ZEDONG WAS A REAL MEAN GUY THAT MADE THESE CRUEL RULES
AS WE LEARNED IN SOCIAL STUDIES MAO ZEDONG WAS A LEADER BUT NOT A GOOD LEADER
THX! INTERESTING BOOK!

LaurenK said...

heyy beckyy!!<3
seemss like everyones
reading this book! hehe
niceee blogg!!

CarolJ said...

WHOA!
Hey Becca!!!
This is Carol (a.k.a Caroline) speaking!
Well, I never read this book. Well the thing is that "Whoa, this looks interesting!"
I think that you really described Ji-li's suffering well. Whoa, I would be like really sad when I find out that my grandfather was a mean guy. Seems like your character is a strong one! :)
I really hope that this suffering will be over soon..^-^

gossip girl said...

hey becca!!! i know exatly how u feel about Ji_LI cuz I'm reading it too!! well, duh cuz i'm in ur group, but ya. lol. anywayssss, it was pretty long and like the others said, u described Ji_Li's sufering well. GOOD JOB!!! luv u lots.(: