Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What do I know already about the Holocaust??

The Holocaust was the time in Germany and other countries around it where Hitler decided that he would just start killing and doing anything he could to Jewish people just because he didn't like them. I don't know much more than that, except that the Nazis were Hitler's army and they would march through the streets or they would be in charge of concentration camps or death camps for The Jews. This was such a terrible time for the Jews! They were treated completely unfair just because they were Jewish. They were tortured, threatened, mocked, and killed all because Hitler had power and he abused it to get rid of Jews. Hitler was a monster and he ruined and took many people's lives during the Holocaust. It was a terrible time and thankfully it's over but it will be interesting to learn about it in class and to really understand exactly what the Jewish people had to go through, if we can understand that.

4 comments:

Hannah Lavender said...

Great post! I really liked how you described the Holocaust in a definition that is easy to understand for our age group!! That's basically all that I knew about the Holocaust as well, that it was a terrible time where Hitler and his armies took over and discriminated against Jews and many other people groups. I'm also really excited to be learning more about the Holocaust in class and how Anne and the others she lived with were effected by it. Even though a lot of the things will probably hard to understand because of how unimaginably horrible they were, I still think it's important for us to learn about the hardships that so many people back then had to endure. Great work!! Keep it up!! =)

AlvinY said...

Nice!!!!
I don't know about it either. I saw the movie called "Life is Beautiful" The movie show me the cruel thing that the German soldiers did. The Hitler planned and commanded to kill or persecuted them. Hitler thought Jewish people were sinners becuase they denied Jesus. We are all sinners but Hitler thiught he was right and the sinners should punish.

Aguri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aguri said...

This just made me remember something from the bible. It says that if you are persecuted for Christ, then you should rejoice. I guess you could say that the Jews were persecuted for who they were, but it doesn't really say if they were persecuted because they believed in Christ. Still, they were severely persecuted.