Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Foreshadowing a) Why does Mr. Frank break down when he sees the glove???

Mr. Frank breaks down when he sees the glove because it was bringing back so many memories of the past to him. It could remind him of all sorts of things (probably bad things since he's crying) of the past during the Holocaust. Maybe he misses his daughter (Anne) or maybe he just was overwhelmed with emotion because of all the terrible times that they had to go through and this glove was a part of it so it made him remember those times.

2 comments:

ChristinaY said...

Wassup Becca?? xD
This is a good point~ In the very beginning of the play Mr. Frank became very sad and started to cry. I've always wondered who's that glove was. I think it might be Mrs. Frank's but I'm not too sure... Haha anyways this is a good example of foreshadowing in the play~
Great job!~ =]

Joohee K said...

great work beccccaaaa !!!!
I did't write about this question but I agree everything what you wrote. I also think that Mr. Frank broke down when he saw the glove because it brought back all the memories about the time about his family and also the life in the Secret Annex. He was the only one who survived in the Holocaust of his family and guests.

anyway keep it up becccccc ~~